Home - Everything is your fault
We have all heard the various excuses as to why some people never seem to get ahead in life and on many occasions you may have noticed that it's never their fault, always somebody else's. It's like they are a leaf blowing in the wind, with no control over their life. They normally say things like :-
- I'm in debt - HELP ! - Excuses :-
- My boss won't pay me more and I don't want to do any training - only nerds do that !
- Nobody is buying my creations / services so I'll just blame the government ... or men ... or women ... or anybody !
- I bought a huge 80 inch TV on credit and now the repayments are killing me.
- The interest rate on my savings is so low it's not even keeping up with inflation.
- I lost my job, my credit cards are maxed-out, my savings are almost gone and I'm using pay-day lenders who charge outrageous interest rates.
- I didn't get that promotion - Excuses :-
- That dickhead in the suit got it instead.
- That know-it-all nerd got promoted over me and I've been there much longer.
- I asked that girl out ... and she laughed !! - Excuses :-
- I'll just slag her off to my friends.
- I'm fine just the way I am and just lower my standards.
- I'll save money by getting cheap clothes.
It's quite easy to play the perpetual victim but unfortunately it gets you nowhere. Now flip the script and see what happens :-
- I'm in debt - Actions :-
- I decided to get better at my job with extra training and if my boss won't raise my salary, I'm quite prepared to move on.
- Nobody is buying my creations / services so I'll set-up another revenue stream by doing something else.
- My current TV is just fine and the money I saved is helping to pay off my debt.
- I moved my money into p2p lending and now I'm getting between 6% ~ 8%, easily beating inflation.
- I lost my job but I have plenty in my savings and I can unwind my p2p lending accounts until I get another job. I also took a few courses so job-hunting should be a lot easier.
- I didn't get that promotion - Action :-
- I decided to smarten myself up a bit and perhaps I'll get promoted next year.
- I decided to do a few free online courses to get a deeper understanding of what I'm doing.
- I asked that girl out ... and she laughed !! - Action :-
- I'll take a good look at my self and up my game.
- I'll raise my standards by eating well, exercising and taking care of my self.
- I'll invest in nice clothes.
This way of thinking is quite effective if you apply it to as many aspects of your life as possible.